“If every word I said could make you laugh, I'd talk forever...”
“She laughs at my dreams, but I dream about her laughter.”
Learn the Secret That Lowers Stress, Strengthens Immunity, Promotes Anti-Aging, Calms High Blood Pressure, Eases Your Body Through Chronic Pain, Increases Energy, and So Much More…
Just imagine how this one secret can change your life and improve your over-all health and well-being, in just a few minutes of sheer joy per day.
That secret is Laughter!
Ridiculously simple and easily overlooked.
CareResource is a successful member of the community, providing non-medical services to the elderly and disabled through Our Culture of Caring. Because we care—we’re now offering FREE Laughter Yoga through CareResource Laughter Circle, as our way to give back to our community who has given us so much.
HUH? What the Heck IS Laughter Yoga? And Why Should I Care?
It’s simple…human contact.
Think back on the times of your lives when you laughed, really laughed with a friend, family, a complete stranger or an acquaintance. You may not remember the person’s name, but you probably remember the side-splitting laughter and the bond you enjoyed, even if it was only a brief encounter.
In our work at CareResource we’ve found that many elderly, chronically ill, and disabled people crave laughter--and the connection laughter creates between people. In their day to day lives, the community of elders, disabled and chronically ill may include a sense of isolation, loss of family and friends. Laughter is often sorely lacking, and it’s desperately needed, not only in the lives of the elderly or disabled—but for everyone.
But first, a little history; Laughter Yoga was started, almost accidentally, in Mumbai, India in March 1995. You see, Dr. Madan Kataria, was writing an article "Laughter - the Best Medicine" for a health journal. He was delighted and surprised to discover in his research the benefits of simple laughter. He woke with a start at 4:00 a.m. with the idea of starting a laughter club in a local park. In fact, he started the club that very day.
Initially, someone would tell a joke, but after 2 weeks, the joking grew stale and somewhat negative. Dr. Kataria recalled reading that fake laughter has the same benefits as real laughter, and this concept of laughing for no reason was born. The good doctor’s wife, Madhuri is a physical yoga teacher and she designed laughter yoga classes to incorporate simple stretching and yogic breathing with laughter exercises.
So much for the history lesson. Moving on.
The goal of Laughter Yoga is to bring good health, or improve the health you have, to give you joy and ultimately … world peace, one laugh at a time. This is a philosophy CareResource shares. It’s our goal to help seniors, the ill, the disabled, and their families become stronger and bolster their confidence and independence.
The joy of Laughter Yoga isn’t just a “class thing”…when you leave CareResource Laughter Circle, your joy happily affects those you encounter and that joy passes along, like a whiff of sweet perfume to those you meet. They in turn share that joy with others. It’s like teaching “the world to sing…” but with tangible and real physical and mental results. And you don’t need to buy a Coke™ to share the joy!
Imagine Experiencing Just One of the Following Benefits of
CareResource’s Free Laughter Yoga
- Stress buster! Laughter reduces levels of the stress hormones epinephrine and cortisol (cortisol is a contributor to “belly fat”—you might lose yours too!)
- Juice up your immune system: Laughter actually increases natural “killer cells”—the good kind, that target virus, bacteria, and cancer cells.
- Calm your blood pressure: Laughter reduces stress hormones and a secondary benefit—your blood vessels dilate, allowing more blood and oxygen into the tiny vessels of your body.
- It’s easy, FUN exercise! As an aerobic activity, Laughter Yoga greatly increases heart and lung function.
- You’ll be an instant artist—well; it could happen…Laughter yoga increases your imagination and creativity as it stimulates the creative areas of the brain.
- Stop aging today: Laughter yoga pumps oxygen-loaded blood into your vessels to give you a youthful glow; perhaps it’s the glow of deep joy.
- You’ll be zipping around like a kid again, with all the new-found energy you get from Laughter Yoga.
- “Be like the sky” and watch your everyday worries and stress float by as you incorporate Laughter Yoga into your life.
- Watch every-day woes or long seated negative emotions dissolve from your life while you take control and release negative emotions, replacing them with joy, a sense of self confidence, and peace in your heart.
It doesn’t get any better than that. With this powerful tool, and the support and love of CareResource, you will transform into a new you: with a joy-filled, fun, and inspiring life. Imagine what you can do with that—why, you can do anything YOU want to, and inspire others to do the same.
And the best part, CareResource will be right there with you, laughing, loving, caring. Caring deeply about you.
Contact us today to learn more about FREE Laughter Yoga through CareResource Laughter Circle, and join us in the circle of laughter and joy.
Certified Laughter Yoga Leader
CareResource Aging & Adult Care
401 Hillside Blvd.
Daly City, CA 94014
Phone: (650) 301-3270
Fax: (650) 301-3272
P.S. Remember, this is a FREE service. We want you to join us, no strings attached.
Contra-indications to Laughter Yoga, include but is not limited to:
“Laughter Yoga is not for everyone. It is contraindicated for people suffering from uncontrolled high blood pressure &/or heart disease, epilepsy, any kind of hernia, recent surgery, severe backache, major psychiatric disorders and pregnancy.”
If you have any of the above conditions please see your doctor first and seek his or her medical advice.